Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Happy Day

I'm feeling pretty blessed today.  The classes I taught went reasonably well even though 4 of the 6 classes had substitutes in their homerooms today due to a professional development seminar which involved several teachers and administrators at my campus.  My mentor stopped by to observe a class and offer advice.  I had the great pleasure of playing chess against the chess club sponsor in two games - I lost the first game and won the second.  I taught a private clarinet lesson to a student who actually practices between lessons.  Finally, I attended my school district's annual Marching Festival, where all the district middle and high school bands attend, to show support for my former students from when I taught middle school.  I'm so proud of them and how much they are growing musically!

No earth shattering thoughts today, just simple happiness and gratitude. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment